Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Virginia
Health & Welfare and Pension Funds
Dental Schedules by Employer
Select your employer from the menu below to view your dental benefits.
Your dental network is Anthem National Dental PPO Network.
Locating a Participating Provider
To find a participating dental provider in your area, follow these steps:
- Log onto www.anthem.com.
- Under "Useful Tools", click on "Find a Doctor".
- In the column titled "Search as a Member", enter the Identification Prefix "TJA".
- Click “Continue”.
- Click on the link "Select a plan/network";
- A new window will open. In the dropdown with the heading “What type of care are you searching for”, select “Dental”. Select your state from the dropdown titled “What state do you want to search in”. In the last dropdown, select “National Account Dental”.
- On the next page, you can search by specialty or distance, then click “Search”. A list of network providers will be displayed on the following screen.
You may also contact the Fund Office for assistance in locating a participating provider.
If your current provider does not participate in the Anthem National Dental PPO, you can nominate them by submitting the Provider Nomination Form.
You will not be penalized for utilizing a dentist outside the network. However, by visiting a dentist in the network, your charges will be discounted, leaving you with no liability, provided you are eligible for benefits and have not met your family maximum.
Anthem Dental ID Card Request
To request an additional Anthem National Dental PPO identification card, click here. Be sure to include your name, Unique Identification Number (UID) or Social Security Number and current address in the email. Please be aware that unencrypted, unauthenticated internet e-mail is inherently insecure. Email messages may be corrupted, incomplete, or may incorrectly identify the sender. To secure your message, try using a free secure email such as Safe-mail.net
Qualifying children under the age of 18 are not subject to or applied to the annual family maximum. This does not apply to Retiree Plan Schedule ZR.
Dental charges after the dental maximum is met are discounted through Anthem National Dental PPO.
Consult your Dental Schedule for more specific information regarding your benefits.